Monday, February 23, 2009

Thankful

Today, I found a verse that reminded me how we got where we are.


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. I Samuel 1:27


It is so true, I prayed the same prayer over and over again. And after 16 months to the day of praying this we received a wonderful blessing. I feel that there is only one to thank for this pregnancy...The Lord! It is because he heard my prayers and answered them. Those 16 months were a very difficult time but it has all been worth it. Through those 16 months I had to listen to those who were trying to be helpful say "It will happen when you least expect it", "You're trying too hard", "You're young, you have plenty of time", etc. The truth is, if we didn't try as hard as we did then we probably wouldn't be where we are. It took the Lord, many many meds, treatments, and driving back and forth to Charlotte many many times. It doesn't happen easily for everyone! I know that everyone was trying to be supportive but these were not things I wanted to hear....but I don't think anyone would understand this unless you've been in the same shoes. I hope that through all of this I am able to be supportive to others who are in the same situation.

I just want to say that I feel very blessed to be where I am at and I feel that this is all because the Lord answered my prayers. I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am to meet our little one. At times I felt that I would never be able to experience this...and I am happy to say I am experiencing it all because of Him.

Also, just wanted to add that this is proof of the power of prayer!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails