Monday, July 6, 2009

36 Down, 4 to go

Wholy cow, I'm 36 weeks!!!! Where did the time go. And the scary thing is I know quite a few people who've had their babies at 36 weeks. Don't get me wrong I'm more than ready, but more importantly I want to make sure Maddox is ready. So, baby get strong!

Last week I went out shopping for some of those last minute things that we MUST have. However, there's always more that we need or could use. But at least now we'd be okay if he arrived.

This weekend, we also checked a few more things off of the to-do list.
  • The carseat is now installed thanks to the wonderful husband! Plus the car is spick & span now. Also, thanks to the wonderful husband!

How crazy is that to be riding around with a carseat in the backseat.


Let me just tell you how small your car seems once you put a carseat in. Now, we don't have the biggest vehicle but we do have an SUV. I couldn't possibly imagine having a compact car or even a mid-size car for that matter.

  • Maddox's clothes are all washed
  • The baby towels/washcloths are all washed
  • The cribsheets are washed
  • The bassinet is in our room
  • The nursery is all set
See my cute little table that I found this past week. It goes perfect beside the rocking/nursing chair. Now I'd just love to find the perfect size lamp to go on it.
As time is quickly approaching I realize that I really should make a to-do list:
  • Pack bags (In the process...but should probably really crack down)
  • Get Josh to hang the picture in the nursery
  • Get the house in tip-top shape
  • Get my hair done (appointment is Thursday)
Now on to what Maddox is doing this week (according to What To Expect):
Your baby's skull isn't the only soft structure in his or her little body. Most of your baby's bones and cartilage are quite soft as well (they'll harden over the first few years of life) — allowing for an easier journey as your baby squeezes through the birth canal at delivery (and less prodding and poking for Mom along the way). At 36 weeks pregnant, the skull bones are also not fused together yet so that the head can easily (well, relatively easily) maneuver through the birth canal.
So your little bruiser (who you've now learned won't be bruising you all that much with those soft bones) is now about six pounds in weight (see I told you he was measuring right on) & measures slightly more than 20 inches in length. Growth will experience a slowdown now, both so your baby will be able to fit the narrow passageway to the outside and also so he or she can store up all the energy needed for delivery.
It's almost here and I'm so ready to meet the little guy!

1 comment:

kadler said...

Congrats! You're so prepared. That would be odd to drive around with a carseat bfeore he's even arrived!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails