Tuesday, October 6, 2009

One of Those Mornings

We all have them from time to time and today was my day & most likely you will find it quite humorous so I thought I would share.

As I was sitting on the couch feeding Maddox I kept seeing a glimpse (the blinds were closed) of something running by...hmmm. I got up a couple times to look before I saw it or them for that matter....the horses were out (For those that don't know I live on a family land on a miniature horse farm). And of course no one else was at home except for Grandpa who was asleep in the barn. So, I placed Maddox in his swing to babysit himself (poor kid) and I was out the door (oh and by the way I was already dressed to go out to lunch with a friend). And of course it was a yucky day outside. Misting rain & of course already muddy.

For those that have never experienced anything like this, animals that are loose like to run & especially 5 stallions. In fact they even like to take off down the road. But, thank goodness for DOT men working on the road & thank goodness they felt bad enough for me that they decided to help. Otherwise I would still be chasing those darn things. It's not like they get to do that everyday. Plus I think they thought it was quite amusing especially when I fell in the mud (and remember I was dressed to go out and eat).

Needless to say I was late for my lunchdate but better late than never I suppose. Just one of those mornings!

2 comments:

Suz said...

Oh man, what a hectic morning.... I just have to sit down & laugh when i have mornings like that... Hope your day went better than your morning!

Six Muddy Boots and a Vintage Purse said...

OMG...So dang funny!!! LOL!! Btw, we still have not met up for lunch yet. How about next Friday?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails