Tuesday, April 28, 2009

98 Days To Go

Yay, I've finally broke the 100 day mark...it doesn't seem like that long ago that I broke the 200 day mark. Now I'm into the double digits and yet there's still SOOOOOOOO MUCH TO do. Including getting this nursery ready. I'm trying not to drive everyone crazy but the time is seriously approaching. Not only that, the hormones are in a serious whirl wind and I seem to be on the brink of snapping at any minute. Seriously everyone I don't mean to be a meany. I'm so sorry! I'm really trying to not be!

Not only have we broke the 100 day mark, we're also 26 wks. Almost into the 3rd trimester. Now for the weekly what is baby Maddox up to:

Maddox's eyes— which have been closed for the past few months (so that the retina, the part of the eye that allows images to come into focus, could develop) — are beginning to open at 26 weeks pregnant. (Yay another milestone) What this means is that Maddox is able to see what's going on now I'm sure it's quite dark in there. What to Expect.com suggested this: Shine a flashlight at your stomach. Your baby might kick in response (as in: "Get that light out of my eyes!"). Hmmm...he didn't do anything. However, he does kick all the time. The iris, the colored part of the eye, still doesn't have much pigmentation (that'll fill in over the next month or two), so it's too early to start guessing Maddox's eye color. Even the color your baby will be born with might not be the permanent shade; so you may be kept guessing until he's close to six months old. Just betting that they'll be brown. With me having brown eyes & Josh having blue eyes...brown is a dominant trait so he has a higher chance of getting my eye color as well as hair color. Only time will tell.


Look what else is going on this week: Maddox' brain-wave activity is kicking in at this stage in fetal development, which means he can not only hear noises but he can now also respond to them. Not in so many words, of course, but with an increase in pulse rate or activity.
And talking about activity, at his current height and weight (about nine inches tall and two pounds), Hmmm...just betting he's taller than this...plus I think that the 9 inches is only measuring from head to rump and at the rate he is growing, your baby will soon be feeling a little cramped in your uterus. Not to worry, there's still plenty of room for him to grow. It just means he will have less room for those somersaults, cartwheels, and other Olympic feats.
Isn't this so exciting?

On the topic of kicking & moving. It was so funny, earlier this week Josh got to feel some VERY strong kicks. He was in a bit of awe and asked what he could possibly be doing in there. "Did someone give him a baseball bat?" He also added "better you than me." But I do have to say that I LOVE IT and I would be very jealous if he was the one getting to feel this amazing movement.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails