Friday, September 25, 2009

Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake- DELICIOUS

Another week of YUMMY recipes on Kelly's Korner-Show Us Your Life, only this week it's all about desserts. And knowing me & the fact that I love to cook & bake, I must participate. Come join in, just click on Kelly's Korner above.

This is one of my favorite desserts & one of my favorite ways to use apples. It turns out so delicious & pretty.

Cinnamon Apple Cheesecake
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Filling:
2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup apple juice concentrate
3 eggs, lightly beaten
Toppin:
2 medium apples, peeled & sliced
1 Tb. butter
1 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup apple juice concentrate
In a small mixing bowl, cream butter & brown sugar. Gradually add flour, oats, walnuts, & cinnamon; mix well. Press onto bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place ona baking sheet. Bake at 325* for 10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in milk and apple juice concentrate until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined (batter will be thin). Pour into crust. Return pan to abking sheet. Bake at 325* for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.


In a large skillet, cook and stir apples in butter over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Arrange over cheesecake. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch, cinnamon and apple juice concentrate until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute or until thickened. Immediately brush over apples. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.







3 comments:

Rachel said...

So pretty! I never cook anything with fruit (except banana pudding and banana bread) but I really need to branch out.

Leah said...

I copied your recipe. We love cheesecake and this one looks fantastic!

Taylor Elise said...

Today we went out to lunch at Olive Garden and they have their pumpkin cheesecake on their dessert menu already. I mean I could make it myself but then I'd be tempted to eat it all. I'm going to have to try this one as well. And we'll have to get together for pumpkin cheesecake at Olive Garden one night soon!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails