Monday, December 27, 2010

Dreaming of a White Christmas...

To make Christmas even more special;
for the first time since 1940, we had a white Christmas right here in North Carolina! 
Very exciting!

 
Yes, indeed we had our 1st EVER (b/c none of us were born in 1940) white Christmas.  And I couldn't have asked for a better family to spend it with.

Our Christmas Recap:

After having a nasty stomach virus Wednesday night which landed me with contractions I was a bit bummed that I may have to miss some Christmas festivities..  Luckily, by the next day I was feeling better...not 100% but definitely better.

Thursday, I got together with old friends for our 11th Annual Secret Santa (see last year HERE).  And of course I forgot the camera so there was no pictures this year.  But, as usual we all had a wonderful time with tons of sweets & gossiping & laughing. 

Our family festivities always begin Christmas Eve night with supper at my inlaws.  So, after working all day (one of the joys of being a nurse)  I headed over there to meet up with the rest of my family for supper & the annual unwrapping of PJ's.  Every year my MIL gets us all pajamas which is our one present we unwrap each year on Christmas Eve.

But, the "real" fun always begins Christmas Day with a visit from Santa




Maddox must've been a very good boy this year because Santa sure was good to him.  Brining him his very own Power Wheels 4-wheeler, train set, tool bench & tons of stocking goodies.  And guess what his favorite toy was?? Lol, should've known.



I can't wait until the snow melts & the ground drys so he can have open room to drive it.  He definitely knows how to make it go.  Just doesn't know how to stop it before he hits something. So watch out!

We then had family present time.  I had wrapped all of Maddox's gifts seperately thinking that he would have a good time tearing open the paper.... well he was a bit too fixated on the 4-wheeler to even care.  Perhaps next year. 

And, to keep tradition alive (see here) the whole family (20+) gathered at our house for Christmas Day Brunch. And as usual we had tons of goodies from breakfast casserole, pecan sticky rolls, cheese danish's, fruit, sausage balls & more....  but best of all we had fellowship with family to celebrate Jesus' birth.

The litle girls having a tea party





 But of course the fesitivities didn't end there...off to my Grandparents then my parents then back to my inlaws.  A full day worth of family fun & presents!  Maddox has been totally spoiled...where oh where will all these toys go?

We had such a wonderful Christmas and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family!  I can hardly believe that next year I will have 2 little ones to share it with.

And please be sure to enter my current giveaways!!! There's several ending in just a couple of days that have low entries.  Plus, there's tons more to come.  Find links in top right corner.


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am glad you got a white Christmas! I can't imagine not having a white Christmas....this year we have had 40+ inches of snow with most of that still on the ground!
Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails