Thursday, March 28, 2013

Packing for the Hospital

Being this is my third baby & third time packing for the hospital you would think I knew what I was doing...honestly I find myself wondering what to bring though.

But, it is always so much fun taking all those things you've been collecting for your new baby so I enjoy doing it so much!


And being last week I fell victim to the Petunia Pickle Bottom outlet sale, I will be packing Hudson's things in my new lovely.


And even though the hospital provides newborn shirts, I can't resist taking my own newborn clothes.
I'm dying to get some of his monogrammed goodies on him
1.  Newborn clothes (gowns & onesies are great) : including a going home & picture outfit
2.  Socks and/or booties to keep those footsies warm
3. Cute newborn hats, as you see I've packed 4 :) 
4. Burp cloths (made by yours truly)
5. Monogrammed blanket
6.  My delivery gown (from Posh Pushers) & coordinating tie onesie that I made...why not look cute when everyone comes to see you. Plus as a mother/baby nurse I refuse to wear one of our hospital gowns.
7.  Nursing pillow (my favorite is a My Brest Friend) & nursing cover (for when visitors come by)


And don't forget a carseat!

I would also include a few breatfeeding necessities such as breast pads (your milk may not come in until you go home but better safe than sorry) & lanolin. Lanolin will definitely be your best friend during though first couple of weeks if you're breastfeeding.

And of course you must include some things for yourself:


1.  Comfy clothes (that's the key) including nursing friendly PJ's
(because I refuse to wear a hospital gown)
nursing bra's & undies

2. Toiletries: makeup, straightner, brushes, shampoo & conditioner (hospital grade is not great), deodorant, lotion, hair ties, etc.

3.  Shoes. Slip on is best because even if you didn't experience swelling during pregnancy you may afterwards. I will be taking my Rainbows to wear around the room.

The hospital provides ugly mesh undies but who wants to mess their own up so I definitely wear those in the beginning including the HUGE monster pads.

I will also be including:
camera & back up battery
purse with ID & insurance card
Laptop & charger
Phone & charger
My pillow
Baby Book

I will also be taking big brother & big sister a little gift from Hudson to make them feel special!

I think that's about it!
What do you pack when you have a baby?!?!


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

~Dawn~ said...

Looks like you're all set, mama!! So excited for his arrival!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails