Friday, September 18, 2009

Best-Ever Potato Soup


Today, Kelly's Korner-Show us Your Life is Dinner Recipes & who doesn't love new recipes. And what better way to share them. It's like an online cookbook.

I just love Fall/Winter because it seems like the perfect time for soups. So, as the time approaches I find myself dreaming of all the yummy soups I will make & this is one of my all time fav's.

Best-Ever Potato Soup
(Seriously delicious)
6 bacon strips, diced
3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
1 small carrot, grated
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp each celery seed, salt & pepper (I usually substitue celery salt for the seed & salt)
3 Tb. all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
8 oz. process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
2 green onions, thinly sliced, optional
In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Add potatoes, broth, carrot, onion, parsley, celery seed, salt & pepper. Cover & simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Combine flour & milk until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted & the soup is heated through. Garnish with green onions if desired.
Yummmm!!! I can't wait for a nice cool day.

2 comments:

CathyBB said...

Hi there! I am going through some recipes on Kelly's blog and I just had to chime in and say, YUM! =) I love potato soup - thanks for sharing this!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Potato soup is my fav...and your blog is so cute....Had a free night to blog hop and enjoyed yours. Hope you will stop by new Christmas blog ...
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails